Chinese women are elegant, intelligent, educated, and some of the most attractive women in the world. Most Chinese women are brought up by strict families but make no mistake, they love to adventure and enjoy meeting new people – especially foreigners.
If you’re looking to learn how to connect with a Chinese girl, are going to China for the first time, or want to brush up on your dating skills, then read on.
1. China is a very conservative country, and you’ll notice that a lot of couples are not very physically affectionate towards one another in public – and the ones that are have likely been together for a very long time and are in a serious relationship.
This means that if you’re only on one of your first few dates with a Chinese girl, try to avoid being too physical unless you’re very serious about the relationship, and of course, she feels comfortable with it.
Although Chinese women are typically very shy, she’ll let you know when she doesn’t like something, and if in doubt, simply avoid doing so until the time feels right.
2. Chinese women are typically well educated, and often knowledgeable about the environment, science, political science, and health – which means they enjoy an intellectual conversation. Likewise, you should too if you’re looking for this kind of woman, as it goes both ways.
If you’re really looking for a “leg up” for your first date with a Chinese girl then consider doing some research on the history of China, but avoid political or religious conversations if possible- or save them for later on when you know each other better.
Chinese people love to travel, so don’t be surprised if your date or girlfriend does too, or has had experience traveling the world. More than likely, she’ll be happy to hear about life in your country and the culture, although it’s always important to let her talk too – which leads us to our next point.
3. Like any woman, Chinese women especially like to be heard, understood, and have a man be genuinely interested in her life, thoughts, and feelings. Rest assured, Chinese women know how beautiful they are, and are likely hit on all the time – so save the cheesy lines.
Chances are, she’s heard them all before, so make yourself stand out, be original, and most importantly be a listener. This will be the most impressive personality trait you can have when it comes to conversation, and more than likely you’ll learn some interesting things about her, her life, experiences, and aspirations too.
4. Just as Chinese culture is very conservative and strict; they are also very close with their families. This means they not only seek approval from their family for dating or getting married, but, that you too should respect and only speak positively – or not at all – about your own family if you have nothing positive to say.
That is, as family, honor, and integrity are all looked upon here as very sacred, so the last thing you want to do is scare her away with family drama, stories, or complaining. Because meeting the family and getting their approval is such a big thing in China, this means more than likely that your Chinese date or girlfriend will want to “remain friends” for at least a few dates, or even months.
This doesn’t mean she’s likely to “cheat” on you or look elsewhere, but rather, that she’s working towards maintaining a positive reputation, and wants to ensure you are who you say you are and will do what you promise or claim – the last thing she wants is to look like if a fool if you up and leave, or worse, cheat on her.
5. China is very big on fashion, and Chinese women are very classy. This means they dress nicely, and even for those that do not have a lot of money they are still resourceful with shopping, but most importantly always ensure that they take good care of their hygiene and appearance – which means you should too.
One of the most common, first impressions a woman – especially in China – might judge you by is the cleanliness and type of your shoes. That is, as they speak to your likely character of not only caring for yourself but also the level of pride you have in self-care. Also, shaving off any beard and keeping a clean, shaven, and presentable appearance is important.
6. You will notice that most people in China dress quite formally, so if you’d like to blend in and attract Chinese women, or keep the one you’re dating then you should too. It doesn’t mean you must spend a lot of money, but, rather that you should not dress so casually as to give off the impression that you are “on vacation” or simply carefree about your appearance.
For example, wearing sandals and shorts like you’re going on a beach trip may not get you very far with the ladies, and it definitely won’t help you give off a good impression if you take one on a date out to dinner dressed this way.
7. Last but not least, honesty and communication are key for a happy, long-lasting and meaningful relationship with your Chinese lover – or date. Honesty represents integrity and reputation, which the Chinese take seriously, and communication demonstrates both of these when you’re interacting with your girlfriend, her friends, or family.
Chinese women are very intuitive, unique, and take great pleasure in showing their man affection, pleasing him, and working as a team to pursue and be successful with each others goals and enjoy life – so they’re definitely worth the effort.